At Kingsbridge RFC we believe that taking part in our sport should be a positive and enjoyable part of children’s lives.
We want to make sure that children are protected and kept safe from physical, sexual and emotional harm while they are with the clubs coaches, helpers and other volunteers.
To achieve this aim we will apply the following guidelines:
1. All coaches and volunteers who have contact with our children will complete an RFU enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check. We will maintain records to keep these checks up to date.
2. All coaches will be encouraged to complete RFU coaching courses at an appropriate level. The club will support coaches by keeping them informed of courses available within our region and paying course fees.
3. We will encourage at least one coach per age group to attend the Sports Coach UK Good Practice and Child Protection Course.
4. We will expect each coach to stay up to date with rugby, coaching and child protection issues.
5. Our Youth Registration Officer, working alongside Team Managers, will ensure all our players are registered with Devon RFU.
6. Our Child Protection Officer will be the initial point of contact to deal with any concerns regarding physical, sexual or emotional abuse within the club.
7. All coaches and volunteers will abide by RFU policies and the club’s constitution and rules, including our Good Coaches Code of Conduct (see attached).
8. As a club we will promote fair play and always play within the spirit of the laws and the letter of the Continuum.